About the Role
WILL THIS HIRE NEED TO REPORT TO A SPECIFIC LOCATION?
Yes, they must report in-person to a specific location
United States of America
Sign on and relocation bonus negotiable
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in related clinical practice.
Bachelor’s degree in nursing
Current RN Licensure in the state of Iowa or compact state nursing license giving the ability to practice In Iowa.
BLS certification Required
Clinical management/leadership experience preferred.
Master's degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration and/or Nursing Administration is preferred.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES –
The Clinical Director of the Women Family Center provides clinical and administrative leadership and expertise within a defined service line, and is responsible for the implementation of the vision, mission, plans, and standards of the organization and nursing services. This position is accountable for the 24 hour operational management of a 4 bed LDR and maternal triage, 14 bed postpartum, nursery, and 4 bed pediatric unit. This position is responsible for the evaluation of nursing and ancillary staff within the Women Family Center including labor and delivery, postpartum and women’s health, nursery and pediatrics. This position works collaboratively with leadership and departments within Ottumwa Regional Health Center to provide quality healthcare with respect to the mission statement. The Director of Women Family Center works within a fiscal budget to optimize maternal child services. This position will perform duties in compliance with JCAHO and other licensing, accrediting, and regulatory agencies.
SUPERVISOR – CNO
SUPERVISES – department staff
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
· Participates, and facilitates staff participation, in nursing and organizational policy formulation and decision-making.
· Accepts organizational accountability for services provided to recipients.
· Evaluates the quality and appropriateness of care.
· Provides guidance for and supervision of personnel accountable to the Clinical Director including evaluation of performance.
· Coordinates nursing services with the services of other health care disciplines.
· Responsible for the recruitment, selection, and retention of personnel.
· Assumes accountability for staffing and scheduling personnel.
· Assures appropriate orientation, education, credentialing, and continuing professional development for personnel.
· Develops and monitors the budget for defined areas.
· Participates and involves nursing staff in evaluative research activities.
· Fosters a climate conducive to educational experiences for nursing and other students.
· Fosters peer review.
· Accountable for regulatory compliance.
· Regular attendance is an essential function of this job.
· Assures appropriate level of understanding, awareness and compliance with all applicable Joint Commission, CMS, state and local agency laws, internal/external regulations, guidelines, policies, procedures and professional standards.
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to develop strong professional relationships with all levels of hospital employees, physicians, patients, and visitors.
· Leadership ability to create a team approach to delivery of care with attention to detail.
· Effectively manage conflict, problem solve, analyze situations, and recognize and reward team members.
· Knowledgeable in clinical practice and care of maternal, nursery and pediatric services.
· Knowledge of regulatory requirements and compliance with patient care standards.
· Knowledge in healthcare technology.
· Drive for continued education to achieve superior results.
· Bachelor’s degree in nursing or related field.
· Master's degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration and/or Nursing Administration is preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in related clinical practice.
· Clinical management/leadership experience preferred.
· Current RN Licensure in the state of Iowa or compact state nursing license giving the ability to practice In Iowa.
· BLS certification.